Much as Rick Pecoraro Talks to Himself is a sweet duet between Rick (who talks to himself) and me (who provides each show’s playlist), this week’s episode is literally all duets, in honor of the theme: the sharing economy. I don’t have much to say on that particular topic, so for that you should listen to the show itself, conveniently embedded below. After that, the playlist, and my thoughts on same, express in the form of simple addition.
1. Robert Plant & Allison Krauss: Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)
Rock + roll.
2. Ruby Amanfu & Brittany Howard: When My Man Comes Home
Rhythm + blues.
3. Shawn Colvin & Steve Earle: Happy and Free
Country + western.
4. Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires: Mutineer
Rag + bone.
5. Willie Nelson & George Jones: I Gotta Get Drunk
Shot + chaser.
6. Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn: Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man
Sugar + spice.
7. Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash: Jackson
Spit + vinegar.
8. Gram Parsons & Emmylou Harris: Sleepless Nights
Tossing + turning.
9. Elton John & Kiki Dee: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
Nice + easy.
10. Paula Abdul & MC Skat Kat: Opposites Attract
Cat + mouse.
11. Aretha Franklin & George Michael: I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
Mountains + valleys.
12. Otis Redding & Carla Thomas: Tramp
City + country.
13. Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston: It Takes Two
Heart + soul.
14. Rilo Kiley & Benji Huges: I Remember You
Past + present.
Spotify bonus track:
15. Eddie Vedder & Cat Power: Tonight You Belong to Me
Love + tenderness.